This article provides a starting point for provisioning Zoom Phone desk phones. It provides an overview of the provisioning process and links to the relevant articles for more information.
Follow this process for provisioning desk phones:
- Finding Supported Desk Phones
- Adding Desk Phones to the Zoom Web Portal
- Starting the Provisioning Process
- Customizing Provisioned Phones
- Troubleshooting Issues
(1) Finding supported desk phones
Zoom Phone supports various models from Poly. Keep in mind that these models only support some phone features.
(2) Adding desk phones to the Zoom Web portal
After you have a supported desk phone, begin by adding your phone to the Zoom web portal.
Note: Make sure to add your phone to the Zoom web portal before turning on a new phone for the first time or performing a factory reset on a previously-used phone. You can find your phone's model name and MAC address on the label located on the bottom or back of the phone.
(3) Starting the provisioning process
There are two provisioning methods depending on your phone:
Zero touch provisioning
For phones that support zero touch provisioning, you can automatically provision your phone without having to configure provisioning in the phone's web interface.
- If you have a previously-used phone, a factory reset is required to trigger provisioning. Follow the instructions to reset your Polycom phone.
- If your phone is brand new out-of-the-box, zero touch provisioning will be automatically triggered.
- Your phone will reboot several times to complete provisioning. After completing provisioning, phones will automatically update their firmware to the latest supported version.
- To see firewall rules for zero touch provisioning, refer to the Poly support site.
If you are having issues with zero touch provisioning or your phone doesn't support it, you have to:
- Reset the phone to factory default and upgrade the phone's firmware. Follow the instructions for Polycom phones.
- Access the phone's web interface and configure provisioning. Follow the instructions for assisted provisioning on Poly.
Note: After completing provisioning, Poly phones will automatically update their firmware to the latest supported version.
If you can't provision a desk phone, try these troubleshooting suggestions:
- Make sure your desk phone is supported by Zoom Phone. Keep in mind that some older versions of Polycom models will not work with Zoom Phone.
- Follow the instructions again to reset the device to factory default and install the latest firmware (see the article for Poly). If your phone has outdated firmware, it can prevent provisioning from completing.
- Make sure you don't have another provisioning server communicating with the phone when you try to complete provisioning.
- If you're using assisted provisioning, make sure you enter the correct provisioning URL. You can copy the URL from the Assisted Provisioning URL list.
- If you're having issues provisioning a Polycom device, make sure it isn't an end-of-sale model. These models do not support Zoom Phone.
- If you're still having issues, contact Zoom support.