This article gives a summary of the features available on Android. Using the Zoom Cloud Meetings app on Android, you can join meetings, chat with contacts, and view a directory of contacts.
This article covers:
- Zoom Cloud Meetings app (available on Google Play)
Sign in and Join
Open the Zoom app and sign in to your account to access all features.
You can also join a meeting without signing in. Tap the gear icon to access basic meeting settings if you join without signing in.
Meet & Chat
After signing in, tap Meet & Chat for these meeting features:
- New Meeting: Start an instant meeting using your PMI or a new meeting ID. Learn about in-meeting controls for hosts.
- Join: Join a meeting using the meeting ID. Learn about in-meeting controls for attendees.
- Schedule: Schedule a one-time or recurring meeting.
- Share Screen: Enter a sharing key or meeting ID to share your device screen to a Zoom Room
- Tap your name to use your personal chat space.
You also have access to these chat features:
- Plus icon : Start a one-on-one chat with a contact.
- Star icon : View and start a chat with your starred contacts and channels.
Tap Phone to use Zoom Phone features.
Note: Zoom Phone license required.
- Keypad tab: Call a number or contact using your direct phone number or company number.
- History tab: View your call log showing answered, missed, and recorded calls.
- Voicemail tab: Play and delete voicemail messages.
Tap Contacts to list all your contacts and add new ones.
- Directory tab: Tap the contact's to start a one-on-one chat with them.
- Channels tab: View a list of starred, public, and private channels.
- Rooms tab: View a list of Zoom Rooms. Tap a Zoom Room to start a meeting with it.
- Plus icon : Add a custom contact, join or create a new channel for group messaging, or add an app from Zoom Marketplace.
Tap Settings to view meeting and chat settings.
- Tap your name to change your profile picture, name, and password.
- Meetings: Change settings for enabling/disabling your microphone, speaker, or video when you join a meeting.
- Contacts: Find phone contacts that are using Zoom, and approve contact requests.
- Phone (only visible if you have Zoom Phone): View your direct phone number and company number.
- Chat: Enable or disable link preview in chat messages.
- General: Enable/disable integrated calling or blur snapshot on task switcher
- About Zoom: View the app version and send feedback.
Learn more about Zoom settings.