There are 2 ways to add Zoom Rooms; from the web portal or on the Zoom Room Controller.
You can quickly add a new Zoom Room from the web portal. Setting the room up from the web portal allows you to set the room name, a calendar integration, location, the room passcode and other optional room settings.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal with Zoom user credentials that have the Zoom Rooms privilege.
- Click Room Management > Zoom Rooms.
- Click Add Room.
The Add a Zoom Room page displays.
- Type the Room name.
- (Optional) If you’ve already linked a calendar service, you can choose the calendar for this room at this time. Note that you can also choose the calendar at a later time.
- If you are adding multiple rooms, click Save & Add Another, then repeat steps 2-4 for each room.
- Click Finish.
The list of rooms you have added displays in the Rooms tab, and they are now available to be used by the Zoom Rooms software on the devices in your conference rooms.
- Complete the setup steps described in Getting Started with Zoom Rooms, signing into your Mac or Windows Zoom Room computer with Zoom user credentials that have the Zoom Rooms privilege. You will be able to choose the name of any of the room that you added. Note that if you only added one Zoom Room, the room automatically uses that room’s name.
Specify a Default Lock Code
If the settings in your Zoom Rooms account does not already include a default lock code, a message displays that asks you to set this value:
If this message displays, enter a code that will be used as the lock code for rooms that are using the account-level code, then click Save.